Vitamin B complex is extremely beneficial for kids. While B vitamins are essential for the human body, they are more so for kids in their growing years. Why? Vitamin B complex encourages mental and physical growth in children in their early formative years.
There are 8 principal vitamins that make up the vitamin B complex:
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine): Plays a role in the release of energy in your child’s body and it protects the nervous system from any kind of damage or degeneration.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (niacin)
- Vitamin B5 (panthothenic acid)
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine): Promotes bone health and helps maintain the nervous system, it produces red blood cells and encourages proper function of certain hormones.
- Vitamin B7 (biotin): It helps in keeping calm and maintaining a healthy nervous system. It is also essential in maintaining healthy hair and nails.
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid): Helps prevent certain birth defects as it assists in blood cell production and helps the synthesis of DNA.
- Vitamin B12 (cobalamin): aids in the production of red blood cells and maintains the nerve cell function.
What are some of the important advantages of Vitamin B complex for children?
- They have a big impact on good mental health and are essential for mental functions.
- They promote growth and strength as well as memory stimulation in their early years.
- They play an essential role in healthy skin, eyes, hair and nails.
- They boost oxygen circulation in the body, especially in the brain which improves concentration.
- They help reduce stress by converting carbohydrates in fats released in stressful situations into energy required for the proper maintenance of the nervous system and heart.
To provide the necessary amount of this vitamin to your child, try having a diet rich in meats of all kinds, fish, eggs, milk and their derivatives. Also whole grains such as oats, corn, wheat, and rice; nuts, like pistachios and almonds; fruits such as apples, mangos, and oranges; Legumes; growth formulas such as Nestlé ® Excella ® Gold are a rich source of vitamin B too.