We know that it may be overwhelming for moms to have so many growth formula options for their little ones to choose from. What should you focus on when picking an ideal formula? There are different brands, ages, nutritional benefits, liquid or powder formats, and more. It’s important to note that exclusive breastfeeding is recommended up to 6 months of age, with continued breastfeeding along with appropriate complementary foods up to two years of age or beyond. When choosing the right formula, always consult your pediatrician; he or she is the one who can best advise you on picking the right growth formula for your child.
From the first year on, your child is in an active developmental stage where he or she will learn to walk and talk and will need a lot of energy. It is important to offer a growth formula that allows your child to develop and that will favor his or her nutritional needs from the beginning. Try to enrich your little one with essential nutrients that will help promote his or her development.
What should I look for?
- DHA: DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid, a key element that helps boost brain and eye development.
- Complex Vitamin B: An ideal blend of vitamins ideal for growth and it promotes memory and concentration as well.
- Pro-biotic and pre-biotic: They play an important role in your child’s intestinal flora and they have the potential to greatly improve their digestive system. The role of both is to care for your little one’s gut, preventing unwanted substances or leftover foods from passing into the bloodstream.
- Choline: Choline has a great capacity to affect the nervous system, supports mental functioning of the brain and plays a significant role in the development of its learning and memory centers.
- Phospholipids: It is the fundamental component of myelin and is known to support brain development.
- Iron: This element is an essential mineral for your little one’s development since it is the one in charge of transporting oxygen to the blood and it is the main producer of hemoglobin.
- No added sugar: This is important as it helps avoid modifying your child’s sweet food preferences.
Nestlé ® Excella Gold offers all of these neuronutrients in its growth formula. Remember, it is important to consult with your pediatrician before choosing, he or she will help guide you into finding an appropriate growth formula for your child.