|These are some ideas on how to easily set up scenarios that can spark your little one’s interest. According to your daughter’s age, you just need to be around to supervise and of course take part of the adventure if invited to! Remember to avoid setting rigid boundaries and let your kid’s imagination lead the way.
• Pretend to go on a safari in your backyard. You can even co-create binoculars with your child.
• Go sailing on an imaginary boat inside a big laundry basket.
• Create super-hero props with household items and have your little girl save the day.
• Use play-dough to “cook” pizzas or baked goods.
• Set a camping site right inside the house.
• Dress up like a robot! You can have your child transform into a robot using boxes and aluminum paper.
• Take care of an imaginary garden using some fake-flowers and Styrofoam.
• Pretend to be the weather man or woman.
• Take out pieces of clothes and costumes and tell your child to dress in the colors of a liked animal, move and make that animal noises, and have other family members guess.
• Have your girl imagine being a toy doctor.
• Pretend to go to the grocery store.
• Create a “cave” with bed linens and furniture, and imagine you are an explorer.
• Pretend you are mermaids and live in an underwater house.
• Pretend to be an astronaut exploring a new planet.