A special shout-out to all dads out there that are making a difference in their child’s life.
A father has a unique role in his child’s life. He is a role model, a shoulder to cry on, an ear to feel heard, and a friend to play catch. From the moment his little one was on her way, he has been striving to become the best man for his number one priority: his family.
In the spirit of celebrating Father’s Day, we’ve come up with 5 reasons why we want to say thank you to dad:
1. Thank you, dad, for the emotional support: For providing me with a sense of security, both physically and emotionally, since I was born. Thank you for promoting my inner growth and strength by laying down the rules of how life works. Thank you for cheering me on from the very beginning. Your loving support got me to reach for that toy, take my first steps, crawl down the stairs, and will continue to encourage me through all the important moments ahead. Thank you for being so affectionate with me; your hugs, kisses, and words foster my social development. You give me a sense of well-being and confidence.
2. Thank you, dad, for always looking after me: For reading all those books and doing all that research since I was inside mom’s belly. Thank you for changing my diaper, for setting my car seat when we go for a ride, and for comforting me when I wake up in the middle of the night crying. Thank you for looking after me every time I want to explore; I can still feel your hand on my back. I have the most amazing memories to thank you for.
3. Thank you, dad, for being my teammate: For coming into my dollhouse for teatime, for playing dress up, for being my customer when I wanted to be the cashier and my patient when I wanted to be the doctor. Thanks to you I know I can be anything I set myself to be. Thank you for teaching me how things work and how to make them work on my own. When you play with me, I get to learn all about playing well with others, solving problems on my own, and expressing myself.
4. Thank you, dad, for setting the bar high: For showing me how a healthy, collaborative person looks like. Ever since I was born, I’ve been picking up on your cues on how to be true to myself, how to stay hungry when it comes to my goals, driven when it comes to my dreams, and humble when it comes to others. You´ve showed me how to influence and treat people with respect and kindness. Now I know what to look for in my friendships and future relationships.
5. Lastly, dad, I want to thank you for always being my dad: For always celebrating my hopes, dreams, victories, and for coaching me through the temporary setbacks. I feel ready for all the joys and challenges life will bring me knowing you’ll always be by my side.
Today I want to celebrate having you in my life, I feel lucky to have you as my loving father.
Thank you, dad. Happy Father’s Day!