What is Kinedu Educators?
Kinedu Educators boosts your students’ development both at school and at home.
It works as a planning tool that allows educators to:
- Plan weekly activities easily, using a plan generated specifically for your students’ needs.
- Access over 2,000 educational resources created by experts for each age and stage of development.
- Track the progress of each student through different developmental milestones.
- Share messages, activities, and the students’ progress with their families.
How does it work?
Kinedu uses artificial intelligence to create personalized plans for each classroom according to the progress and development of the students.
The progress of each student is measured through many developmental milestones, which are based on the four key areas of development: physical, cognitive, linguistic, and social and emotional.
Accessing Kinedu Educators
Create your profile
If your school hasn’t created an account yet, you can follow these steps to create a new profile:
- Go to edu.kinedu.com/signup on your browser (preferably Chrome).
- Enter the email you’ll be using and create a password, or enter using a Gmail account by clicking “Sign up with Google”).
- Once you create an account, we will ask you to fill out some general information, like your role and the name of your institution. Since you are the person who created the account, you’ll have «administrator» access to all the schools and classrooms registered in the platform. The name you establish during this step will allow us to personalize the emails sent to parents and teachers.
Personalizing an activity plan
After creating a profile, we will ask you to set up an activity plan for your organization or institution.
The number of activities you choose by day is important since it will define the number of activities that the algorithm will suggest to you daily.
Completing your organization’s set up
Inside Educators, you can manage the complete set up of your organization, including many different schools.
If your organization has different schools, you can access them and see their content by clicking on the “Current Center” drop-down menu, located at the bottom of the main menu.
Once you’ve registered your own account, you can finish setting up the rest of your school.
Each classroom needs an assigned teacher that will have access to activities and information about students. A classroom can have more than one teacher.
To add a classroom, click on the “Add Classroom” button. Type the name of the new classroom and then click “Save”.
To invite collaborators, first, you need to know the types of collaborators you can add:
Types of collaborators
- Administrators: These are the collaborators that manage an organization’s operations (which can be made up of one or many schools).
- Directors: These are the collaborators that usually only manage one school, and thus can only see the school they’re assigned to. Unlike Administrators, Directors can’t see all the schools that are part of the organization.
- Teachers: Teachers are the collaborators assigned to specific classrooms. They can be assigned to more than one classroom, but they can only see the information of the students assigned to their classroom.
Now that you know what each collaborator can do, this is how you can add new collaborators:
- Go to the “Settings” menu on the left side of the screen.
- Select the “Collaborators” tab.
- If you want to add an Administrator or Director, select “Add collaborators”. If you want to add a teacher, select “Add teacher”.
- Fill out the new collaborator’s information, and you’re all set. The collaborator you added will receive an email inviting them to join the platform.
** NOTE: It’s really important that collaborators create their account using the email address where they received the invitation, so that there aren’t any duplicate accounts.**
Adding students and parents
You can add new students from the home page or from “Settings”.
- Type in the email of one of the parents of the student you wish to add.
- Fill out the information about the student and parents.
- All done! An invitation will be sent to the student’s parents.
It’s important to keep in mind that you can only invite one parent per student. For another parent to have access to their child’s profile, the parent who got the initial invitation will have to invite the other parent through the Kinedu app.
You can access a student’s profile by clicking on their icon. When you click, a column with all their information will appear on the right side of the screen.
Deleting Student Profiles
To delete a profile, head to the bottom part of the column with all the student’s information and click on the «Delete student» button. Both directors and teachers can delete student profiles. However, teachers can only delete students who belong to their classrooms.
Announcements are messages that you send to every parent in your school. To send out an announcement select the “Messages” section on the left-hand menu.
Select the recipient you want to send the notice or message to, choose a subject, and write the message. You can attach documents (PDFs, images, etc. that weigh up to 10MB) and include links in your messages.
If you want to delete a notice or message you can do it by clicking on the three dots that appear on the upper right corner of the message, where the “Delete” option will appear.
Administrators can delete notices and announcements that other collaborators have sent, but the other collaborators can only delete their own messages.
Private Messages (Chats)
The chat option will allow you to have a more direct and personal conversation with parents. To send out a new message click on the “New chat” option at the top of the “Chat” page. Select the name of the student whose parents you want to contact, and write your message. You can also send links and documents of up to 10MB through the chat.
Anyone related to the student in question has access to the chat:
- Teachers assigned to the student’s classroom
- Center administrators and directors
All these users can see and send messages on the chat.
Deleting a Private Message
Just like with the announcements, you can delete a chat message by clicking on the three dots on the upper right corner. When you delete a message, it will be replaced by a notice that says “This message has been deleted”.
Seeing the Messages History
The message history of every student will be saved on the student’s private chat page. There you’ll be able to consult all the sent and deleted messages and files.
It’s important to remember that anyone related to the student in question has access to the private chat history (parents, teachers, directors, and administrators).
Search for activities
The activity catalog includes more than 1,400 activities for all ages, related to all kinds of themes and styles. To access the catalog just click on the “Catalog” button on the left of the screen.
There you’ll find activities divided into three subsections:
Here you’ll find activities filtered by the four areas of development: physical, cognitive, linguistic, and social and emotional Clicking on any of these categories will show you the available activities related to each area.
Searching for activities by theme will show you all the activities related to a specific toic. The themes shown are predetermined.
- Your Center
The activities on the section that has your institution’s name are activities added by a member of your school or center.
Some activities can be adapted to fit the different levels of development of the students. These adaptations will make sure that an activity is challenging enough (or simple enough) so that the students can be evaluated accordingly.
Another simple way of finding activities is by using the filter on the catalog. The filter allows you to find activities by:
- Range of age (in months)
The benefit of using these filters is that you can quickly find activities that fit the specific criteria you’re looking for.
Uploading your own activities
You can take advantage of this feature if your school or center has its own activities that you want to upload and add to the weekly plans.
Follow these steps to upload an activity:
- Select your center’s name in the catalog section.
- Click the “Upload” button.
- A form will pop up, fill it out with information about the activity.
- The optimal size to upload an image is 1920×1080 pixels.
- When you upload the activity, you’ll have to create a new collection (if you haven’t made one yet) so you can keep all your own activities there.
- You’ll have to establish at least one milestone for each activity, so it can be evaluated when your students do it.
- All done! Now you can add this activity to your weekly plans.
The activities you upload can have different visibility settings for the Organization, Center, and Classrooms. This means that depending on the level of privacy you choose, only certain collaborators will be able to see them. You can also manage the visibility settings of a specific collection, defining which collections are accessible for certain members of the organization.
Adding an activity from the catalog to your plan
You can add activities from the catalog to an already existing weekly plan through the following steps:
- Go to “Catalog”.
- Choose the activity you want to add and click “Schedule”.
- A window will pop up for you to fill out the information about the classrooms and days that you’d like to add the activity to. As an administrator, you can decide if you want to make the activity mandatory in the weekly plan.
The calendar will allow you to schedule center or school activities. Here you’ll be able to schedule everything from virtual meetings to school events.
Creating a new event
To create a new event click on the “Create event” option. Select who the event will be addressed to and fill out the information. The event will be sent automatically to parents and teachers, and they’ll be able to see all the relevant information about it.
Editing or deleting an event
If you wish to edit or delete an event, select the desired event on your calendar. A window describing the event will pop up, and you’ll be able to see three dots on the top right corner. Click on the dots and select if you want to edit or delete the event. If you delete an event, it will also be deleted on the parents’ and teachers’ calendars.
The educational resources are files that you can save on Kinedu Educators to make the educational process easier. You can add them to your activity plans and send them to parents. These files can be images, PDFs, or links.
Types of resources
Our platform allows you to access pre-recorded resources selected by Kinedu’s expert learning team, as well as uploading your own resources. To differentiate between your resources and those provided by Kinedu, you only need to identify the folder they’re saved in:
Blue folders: Resource provided by Kinedu Educators
Yellow folders: Your own uploaded resources
Resources are saved in three different sections: resources for educators, resources for parents, and resources for students. These categories allow you to organize the resources in a way that is easier to access.
Categories and Subcategories
Each section is divided into categories; there are some pre-established ones and you can also add your own. These categories are the generalized way of viewing your resources.
Inside each category, there are folders that represent subcategories, where files are sorted out into more specific groups. You’ll be able to see all the files and resources by clicking on the subcategory folders.
Adding your own resources
To add resources, first, you need to create a category and subcategory.
- Create a new category or make sure there’s already a category folder created by the school (a yellow folder).
- Create a new subcategory or make sure there’s already a subcategory created by the school (a yellow folder).
- Click on the “Upload resource” button.
- Fill out the resource information, so that whoever has access to it knows what the resource is.
Sharing resources with parents
Sharing resources with parents is very easy. Once you’re in the subcategory folder, you’ll be able to see the information of every available resource. Click on the three dots on the right-hand corner of the resource, and then select “Share with parents”. Then, just follow the instructions to select the recipient.
Kinedu for parents
Click here to see the Parents’ Guide