It seems like you’re embarking on the exciting adventure of pregnancy and have encountered your enemy: morning sickness. But fear not, we have an infallible recipe for you, and the best part is, it’s completely natural!
Ginger is the secret superhero for expecting moms! Who would have thought? But what makes ginger such a great ally during pregnancy? Well, it turns out that ginger stimulates the gastrointestinal tract and keeps things flowing smoothly.
And that’s not all – ginger comes with additional perks: vitamins B3 and B6, manganese, magnesium, potassium, and copper! Pretty amazing, right? Not only does it alleviate nausea, but it also brings many health benefits.
You might be wondering how much ginger you can invite to your prenatal party. Don’t worry, we’ve consulted the experts! The safe and recommended dosage is up to 20 grams of ginger per day (that’s about 4 teaspoons). No need to go overboard, as excess of anything can have unwanted effects.
Here’s the ginger infusion recipe to bid farewell to that morning queasiness:
- 1 to 1 ½ teaspoon of grated (peeled) ginger Or ½ to 1⁄3 teaspoon of ginger powder (if you prefer the quick version)
- 1 ½ cups of boiling water
- 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup Lemon
Now, follow these steps to prepare your infusion!
- Place the ginger in a glass measuring cup.
- Fill the cup with 1.5 cups of boiling water and let the ginger infuse for 10 minutes.
- Strain the infusion into a cup or a thermos.
- Sweeten with maple syrup.
- If you like, add a touch of lemon.
Voilà! Now you have a powerful infusion to tame the nausea at any time of the day. Plus, you can make more and store it in the refrigerator to have your own iced tea.
Say goodbye to nausea and enjoy this exciting journey into motherhood!