Let’s talk about a fun technique to stimulate your baby’s sense of balance and perception of movement before they are born! It’s called prenatal motor stimulation technique. But first, an important reminder: It’s not recommended to do this type of stimulation before the fifth month of pregnancy, as it may not be safe for your little one before that.
What does the motor stimulation technique involve?
Studies show that when the mom adopts certain positions that affect the baby’s balance, the baby receives information about their position inside the womb. This helps the baby develop their sense of balance and perception of movement. Therefore, the technique consists of performing gentle, coordinated, and rhythmic body movements, just like dancing! This technique can benefit your baby, promoting their physical and mental health. It can also help you reduce stress and alleviate pregnancy discomforts. And guess what? Exercise strengthens your body and helps you prepare for labor!
Curious about the exercises recommended to stimulate your baby? Here are some options:
- Gentle dances: Move those hips to the beat of your favorite song!
- Swimming: Enjoy a refreshing dip while engaging in gentle movements in the water.
- Prenatal gymnastics: Join a specialized class and perform exercises designed for pregnant moms.
- Prenatal yoga: Find your inner balance while practicing gentle postures and relaxing breathing techniques.
- Prenatal pilates: Strengthen your core and improve your posture with controlled and precise movements.
- Kegel exercises: These exercises involve contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles, which are excellent for pregnancy and childbirth.
Remember, exercising during pregnancy is always beneficial as long as it’s done moderately. Ask your doctor if it’s safe for you to practice this type of exercise, and if you experience any complications or pain, it’s best to avoid exercise and contact your doctor right away. So, let’s get moving and enjoy this fun way of stimulating your baby!