Abdominal distention and gas are part of the myriad of symptoms that come along with pregnancy. Your changing hormone levels slow down your digestive system, making the whole digestion process a lot slower. But don’t worry! Here are some tips to improve your digestion and keep those gasses at bay:
- Avoid greasy, fried, or heavily seasoned food.
- Ease up on caffeine and fizzy drinks.
- Opt for many small meals throughout the day instead of a few large portions.
- No lying down or staying still after eating.
- If dairy doesn’t sit well with you, better to reduce its consumption.
- Eat slowly and savor every bite!
Sometimes a simple diet adjustment can solve the problem, but if issues persist and you feel particularly uncomfortable, don’t hesitate to talk to your doctor. Together, you can come up with a plan that fits your cravings and lifestyle, and avoid those things that might be causing you discomfort.